IWF 2010 Showcase
New Adhesives Line-Up Makes It Easy to Find
the Right CARB-Compliant Adhesive
Franklin Adhesives & Polymers makes it easy for you meet CARB requirements when assembling your plywood and lamination products with the new Plywood Line, a first-of-its-kind line-up of seven CARB-compliant adhesives.
The line offers four PVA products, one EPI adhesive – and our first-ever set of bio-modified adhesives, based on soy technology developed during research funded through a grant from the United Soybean Board. Here’s the line-up:
1. Multibond MX-100 is a revolutionary bio-engineered adhesive, using soy, for hardwood plywood hot pressing with prepress operations
2. Multibond MX-200 is our bio-engineered adhesive for direct feed hot press operations.
3. Multibond EP-930 is a two-part EPI adhesive for HPVA Type 1 performance.
4. Multibond 2015 is a PVA for hot or cold press veneering of hardwood plywood and radio frequency pressing.
5. Multibond MX-90 is a PVA adhesive for hot press veneering of hardwood plywood.
6. Multibond 2580 is a robust, two-part PVA adhesive for difficult substrates, such as hickory. It performs faster with lower spreads than traditional PVAs.
7. Advantage 435 is the only PVA adhesive in the line to offer Type 1 water resistance. It is also very good for borated cores and has an extremely long pot life.
All adhesives in the plywood line provide ANSI/HPVA Type 2 water resistance at minimum – and bring you maximum choice in selecting a CARB-compliant adhesive for your operation.